Saturday 16 May 2015

My Everyday Makeup Routine

As I was getting ready to get my picture taken for a visa application to somewhere I'm planning on visiting this summer, I thought that I'd give you an insight into my daily makeup routine and drop a little blog post. I find myself getting into a routine of products and once I get bored, I switch it up a bit here and there with another blusher, lipstick or bronzer. Either a new purchase or something rediscovered from my little stash of makeup. Before I start, I just want to say that I'm no professional so there's no rhyme or rhythm to what I do, it's simply all that works best for ME. Without further ado, here are the products that I know and love. 
P.S: I've linked every product under each picture, it's a direct link that will take you to their respective sites where you can purchase them. It will open in a new tab and I'm not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned below.


Skin Cleansing Facial Wash, Caudalíe Divine Oil)

To make any makeup look to look good, it's important that your skin is happy and healthy from within, I do not have perfect skin and I suffer from acne as most teenagers do, and if you don't, then you're one lucky person. Not all of us are blessed with perfect skin but this is what I use to get it looking decent. I can't say that I LOVE the pore minimiser and cleanser but I'm almost out of both and I won't be repurchasing them. However, I am OBSESSED with the Divine Oil and use it in place of a moisturiser. Though I have combination skin(a bit oily on the T-Zone and dry every where else), don't let the 'oil' scare you. 


Moving on to my HG products…I LOVE THIS THING! It creates a smooth canvas for me to begin with and I will go as far as saying that it blurs a bit of my redness. It sinks into my pores beautifully and it makes my makeup last for much longer than the POREfessional by Benefit does. 


I cannot stand the feel of liquid foundation on my face for the LIFE of me, I instead use powder foundations and concealers to perfect my makeup look. I have always used the Guerlain Powder Foundation and that is my ultimate HG but I recently went to the One Direction concert and took it with me and lost it. I was devastated but soon after realising I've lost it, my exam period started and I haven't gotten around to repurchasing that. It is extremely pricy but I would repurchase that a THOUSAND times over. With that being said, I was still using the NYX powder along with my Guerlain powder. I used it to set my under eye area as I accidentally bought a shade too light. I bought this product hoping that it be a dupe for my Guerlain foundation but it's not nearly as good but it works for the time being. I use my NARS concealer to conceal my dark circles and highlight that area. I have it in the shade Medium Custard and I would not live a day without this concealer, it has completely transformed my makeup routine. I then go on and use my MAC concealer(NC30) to conceal any blemishes. I blend that all with a beauty blender and then set everything with the NYX powder(Medium Beige) using my Real Techniques expert face brush. 

I may not be blessed with perfect skin but I am blessed with thick and dark hair, which means I also have thick and dark eyebrows. My friends always tell me that my brows are always on point(when they are threaded and shaped of course). You must be thinking where this is coming from as the picture above is of an eye shadow palette. I mix primal and undone to fill in my brows a little. I have a little sparse area on my left brow from when I was a child and I just fill that in and even out the head of my brow. I really believe that brows shape your face and I cannot stress enough how important they are. If your brows are on point, your face is on point. 


Now to the fun things, in the picture above, I've shown three different blush alternatives. These are the blushes I find my self using more often than not. My clearly well loved MAC blush in Breezy, it looks scary but it sheers out to a beautiful 'I've just come back in from playing in the snow' look. Maybelline Blush in Flash Plum which has a similar effect but has a bit of rose gold look to it. Last but not the least is the Benefit's Posie Tint which is described as a poppy-pink tinted lip and cheek stain. I then apply my Watt's Up highlighter to the high points of my face such as my brow bones, cheek bones, bridge of my nose and my cupids bow. It is such a beautiful creamy formula without being too sticky, shimmery or in your face. It's a soft focus highlighter. Lastly I use the ELF contour pallet in Saint Lucia to slightly contour the hollows of my cheeks, nothing too dramatic. Unfortunately for me, the blush does not show up on my skin tone too well so I use it as a layering product on the days where I wear posie tint. It's the exact drugstore dupe for Benefit's Rockateur blush and works nicely once you layer it.




I couldn't be more excited to share these products with you guys. I'm sure every one and their mothers know about the Benefit They're Real Mascara but I just feel like all the rave about this product is still not enough. As I said earlier on, I do have thick dark hair so I also have thick and dark eyelashes. If I put 2-3 coats of a separating and lengthening mascara, they almost look like falsies. When you first buy it, it's an extremely wet formula and how I used to apply it was two strokes on one eye, two more on the other and then go back to the first one, build it up to how you want it and do the same on the other eye. after a week and half of that, the product dried up a bit and it got to the perfect consistency where I didn't have to be so careful anymore. I would repurchase this mascara a thousand times over. If I do the effort of this full face of makeup, you will not find me leaving my house without a cat eye winged liner. The way I achieve that is by using the Rimmel Liquid liner. It dries to a matte finish which I love because I cannot STAND the look of my liquid liner reflecting the light. The precise brush tip helps me create the perfect wing and I'm so sad that I'm almost done with it but the good news is that it's available at a very affordable price in your nearest drugstore. ;)





Lastly, I finish everything off with a lip colour. I don't line my lips, or do any of that jazz on an everyday basis. I just apply everything straight from the bullet, throw it in my handbag and off I go. I've shown you guys 4 different lipsticks that I use the most. I'm surprised at how awfully similar they all look but I swear they're not that similar. haha!
I tend to wear a lot of black, white, navy and grey and these colours seem to go well with my everyday outfits. The NYX lip cream in Antwerp is the perfect colour to brighten up your entire face and make any outfit pop. The NYX Matte Lipstick in Sierra is a really warm almost bricky colour that complements my skin tone really well. If I have a black top on, I'm most likely to be wearing that. Then we have the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle which is such a beautiful mauve/pink shade. It has no shimmer but has a glossy finish to it. This is more of a staple. No matter what lipstick I'm wearing that specific day, you'll always find this on me. Last but not the least we have a Dior lipstick in Pink Embroidery. This has a teeny tiny bit of flex in it but it's absolutely beautiful and actually shows up the lightest of them all on my lips. I'm not one to splurge on high end lipsticks and I feel the drugstore has SO much to offer in the lip product department. I will buy a high end lipstick here and there but more often than not, you'll find me in a boots snooping through the racks for a new lipstick. I also tend to stick to matte lip colours OR glossy formulas with absolutely no shimmer. The Dior Lipstick is an exception. :P




I hope you enjoyed this in depth update. I'd love to know what you guys use to achieve your everyday makeup look. This full ritual takes me less than 10 minutes to do. I know I take joy in finding out what everyone else uses so I hope you do too. Look out for a review for some of these products as I want to do an individual rave for some of these. 
Until next time, Adios. 


L A V Z K H A N B E A U T Y

No comments:

Post a Comment