Thursday 4 June 2015

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Review

Hey guys, Lavz here! Today I decided to review the much loved concealer by NARS Cosmetics, the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. 



Accessibility, Shade Selection, Price, Packaging, Product.

The NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is readily available in your nearest Sephora store or at the tip of your fingers on sephora.com or NARScosmetics.com. 
The Shade selection is just wonderful, one of the best I've seen in the market. There's a perfect shade for both the ends of the spectrum and there are 10 of them.
-Chantilly true ivory shade for fairest complexions
-Vanilla tiny cast of pink for the fair complexion
- Honey warm peach tone for light to medium complexion
-Custard yellow tone for light to medium complexion(my shade)
-Ginger golden undertone for medium complexion
-Biscuit medium dark natural balance of pink and yellow undertones
-Caramel medium dark yellow and golden undertones
-Amdande medium dark with golden olive undertones
-Café dark shade with warm red undertones
-Cacao dark shade with deep gold to brown undertones



It retails for AED 129 or $29 on Sephora.com. For 0.22Oz of product that you don't need much of is a fair price in my opinion as it's also high end.
Packaging wise, I love how you can see the product through the clear tube and I absolutely love the sleekness of it. The matte finish on the handle of the tube just makes it looks like a million dollars but it tends to get a little dirty if you use it as much as I do. However, it's nothing a makeup wipe can't take care of. :)
I use the shade Medium Custard and if you don't have a Sephora near you or a Sephora that does't carry NARS, you can always buy it online. For reference, I'm NC30 for my face in MAC and NC15 for under eyes. 


Application, Product Consistency.

The wand is a flat doe foot applicator and it's very easy to apply on your face directly. The opening of the tube is just narrow enough to wipe away excess product that might be on your applicator but not narrow to the point where it make it hard to reach your product when it's at the tail end of it's life which is a problem I've faced with various concealers. It's smells nice when you put your nose to it but it doesn't linger on your face. 
It has a very silky and smooth consistency which makes it ideal to use under your eyes to conceal dark circles. I have it in the shade Medium Custard and it works wonderfully for my skin tone, I was matched at the Sephora store. I have extremely sensitive eyes, to the point where I can't wear any kind of makeup product on my waterline or bottom lashes. Some concealers make my eyes water like nobody's business and this does not do that one bit. It's so comfortable to wear and it doesn't not crease on me at all. I'm still young and don't have fine lines but I have seen people with fine lines using this and the concealer just fills in the lines and blurs out the appearance of them. It's not waterproof to the point where it won't come off, but if I shed a few tears or sweat to death in UAE's heat(the latter is more likely to happen ;)) , it won't disappear, melt, smudge or budge. 

It also conceals redness around my nose really well. I don't use this to conceal my blemishes though because I use my MAC Concealer for that. It's not because it can't do it, it's just that I don't prefer to. I set it with a powder and I use the NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat.

It's has a very thin consistency which makes it an absolute dream to wear underneath your eyes because we don't want that area to look cakey or creased. 

I have very normal skin under my eyes and it works perfectly. A friend of mine with very dry skin uses this over an eye creamed under eye and it works just as well for her. 
If you have very oily skin or oily under eyes, you should not let the words Radiant and Creamy scare you because it's not nearly as creamy as you'd think it is. It's not dry by any means whatsoever but it's not too creamy either. If you live in a hot and humid climate like me or have problems with your under eye concealer disappearing, you can take it a step further and set it with a translucent powder or a regular setting powder. 

Worth the hype?

YES YES YES! If you have't been able to tell already, I love this product. It's my ultimate holy grail product. If I'm in a hurry, I'll just throw this on and brush my Guerlain Parue Gold Powder Foundation all over my face and that will be my base of for the day and it works SO well. I have seen some people compare this to the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I cannot see a single similarity in my expedience and I HATE the Fit Me concealer and the Fit Me line in general. Nothing against Maybelline, I love them, not so much the Fit Me line. I wouldn't go a day without this concealer and would obviously repurchase it. I don't see a single con in this product for me.

I hope you enjoyed this review and that it was at least somewhat useful if any at all.
Until next time, Adios!

L A V Z K H A N B E A U T Y








No comments:

Post a Comment